College of Human Development and Health
Master Degree in Thanatology and Health Counseling (Chinese-medium Program)
Department of Thanatology and Health Counseling
Master Degree in Thanatology
Department of Thanatology and Health Counseling (BS, MS)
The educational objectives of our institute are:
1. Educate and train research personnel in the application of life and death education and grief counseling.
2. Development of four major research fields: Life education, Death education, Grief Counseling and Medical Counseling, and Suicide Prevention Theory.
3. Offer in-service trainings and counseling services to workers in the fields of life and death education and grief counseling.
4. Offer services on promotion of life and death issues to the general public.
5. Elevate the domestic awareness of life & death education and grief counseling to international standards.
|Eligibility for Admission||
1. Applicants who have graduated with a bachelor’s degree or are scheduled to graduate from university. (Health Counseling Division is opened for applicants who have a bachelor’s degree in Psychology.)
2. For new graduates: will need to provide Student’s Academic GPA and Ranking Certificate and transcript (for the class 40% of school )
|Required Application Documents||
Please bind the following application documents in two sets in the following sequence. One set is for use in the qualification review, and the second set is for review by the department.
3. Two photocopies of the applicant’s highest academic diploma (students scheduled for graduation shall submit two copies of their registered student ID for the first semester of their senior year).
4. Transcripts of the applicants’ highest education level (students scheduled for graduation shall submit their transcripts up to the second-to-last year).
9. Any documented proof of thanatology, grief counseling, or consultation related experience (e.g., a post in an association, documentation proving a position as an education lecturer, or proof of receiving training or rendering services).
10. Relevant data, documents, or licenses to prove Chinese language proficiency.
13. It requires oral exam for applicants of Health Counseling Division.
|Chinese Language Proficiency||
TOCFL Level 3 or higher (including listening, reading, speaking test)